As I look back over the year, I am struck by how blessed I feel. I have officially found a place to be, to rest my whirlwind globetrotter ways and become rooted. A feeling that finally began to sink in as I watched the seasons come back around, one cycle of life in the desert come full circle. The long summer days shortened, the roaring summer heat reduced to a meow and that crispy tingly feeling you get in your nose on an chilly morning run, that's between a sniffle and a sneeze, is back. I haven't had the chance to watch the seasons go full circle from one spot on the globe for quite a few years now and for the first time I actually felt comfortable. Comfortable with being rooted. (Although don't get me wrong, those itchy travelin' feet come visiting every now and again)
This year has been a special kind of awesome. I'm thankful for:
- My awesome man - I'll save all the sappiness for his ears alone *wink*
- For the job promotion to Director of the School Aged Department! Don't even get me started on how much I love being my own boss, molding my department, working with interns (and soon i get to hire my first staff member!), making things fair, efficient and transparent! I feel to excited to have the chance to learn to be a good leader!
- Bella, my wonderful nearly full grown puppy who greets me in the mornings with excited kisses and snuggles.
- My wee house that is finally starting to look like a home.
- Mini Cooper love!
- And this old body that's still hiking and running and is on the road to kicking my little brothers butt in a mud run/obstacle course!
Here are a few images from the last couple months. Enjoy!
My love is cooking a surprise birthday cake!