Sunday, October 30, 2011

Introducing...

The wild Travel to Teach volunteers!!








After a long day exploring Chiang Mai on our motorbikes, we cooled off at a beautiful waterfall on the way up to Doi Suthep. The place was absolutely stunning with a natural slide and monks splashing in the water. After a fun time of chasing each other to the top and riding the water down, the boys decided to hop off a cliff into the falls and decided I had to do it with them...and like a crazy person I agreed. I made them go twice before I would go and then I stood there for literally 10minutes staring down and trying to swallow my fear. I had to jump over a rope tire swing and aim for the waterfall's V, the deepest portion of the pool. I had been dared to do cliff jumping once before while up in the boundary waters only from an even greater height and I chickened out. But this time I was determined...I told everyone if I died it was their fault, took a running step, and hopped off. When I came up my body was still humming from the adrenaline rush and I was smiling SO big and SO proud of myself!
I like to keep my quota of firsts pretty high as it makes life loads more interesting and in one day I managed to do TWO firsts: jump off a cliff into a waterfall and munch bugs...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis