Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Why in tarnations has this book never been written?! I know, I know, all females are suppose to emerge into the world, born with an innate sense of knowledge of all things womanly: cooking, cleaning, fashion, popping out babbies, makeup, picking out good husbands, wearing high heels, and all those gazillion beauty products. But it's just not so! In fact, I feel like I've been playing catch up most of my life when it comes to being a woman. We're suppose to do WHAT?! Put what WHERE? Who the freak makes all these  rules anyways! And so I've decided to start a bit of a themed self portrait series on the comedy of womanhood. It is a comedy...at least when I do it. ;) 

And for all you peeps just tuning into my crazy bloggin' world, my bestest bud in all the world, Inge Kathleen and I, began a self portrait challenge about a month ago. So far we've pasted ourselves with newspaper, live snails, and flowers, tried a power tool makeover, fallen asleep in a Korean field, levitated, and hopped up and down on broken washer machines all for the sake of a good photo. All in the span of one month! You can only imagine what else our wee warped minds will come up with next! ;)   

7 comments:

Inge Kathleen said...

Ohhhh my gosh!!!! I LOVVEEEE IT!!!!! YOU ROCK! And I need to know how you made that awesome fire!!!!!

Mandolyn McConaha said...

It was really fun to do, sorta like a workout photo shoot! (Can't you see my bulging muscles? ;) No, but the fire was pretty easy to do...I considered trying to set something on fire for real and then settled for learning more about photoshop. I just grabbed a decent res fire pic and layered the self portrait over top and erased the top layer a wee bit to get the fire to show through. It came out looking better than I thought, but I've seen it done alot more realistically. I wonder how they do it when it looks super real...set stuff on fire? :)

Elizabeth said...

Love you weird ladies.

Aaron said...

You still have one foot on the floor; you're not working hard enough. ;)


(nice shot!)

eryan390 said...

i'd say your PS skills are pretty great, Mandy - I thought the fire was real! juggling knives and plates and bowls full of fire, Oh My!

Mandolyn McConaha said...

Thanks ya'll! I'm getting better at this self portrait thing! (Thanks to Inge for not letting me quit!) And photoshop is the jams! Why did they never teach us this stuff in school?! ;)

katie said...

love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis